Popular Posts

09 January 2012

Book Review Exodus


 ExodusExodus by Leon Uris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A reviewer on Goodreads says that Exodus is to the History of the Jews as Gone With the Wind is to the Civil War.


I can think of no better review than that;  this book is readable, disturbing and enlightening.  It is packed with historical events but also marred with the omissions that one all too often finds in historical fiction.


However, for 20 years now, I've been meaning to take steps to solidify my education on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the founding of Israel.  To this book's credit, this is the first time I've actually finished taking the first step.  So now I'm ready to move on to more scholarly tomes, primed with the empathy this book allows the reader to feel for the people involved.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment