Popular Posts

26 July 2015

Book Review: Water for Elephants

Water for ElephantsWater for Elephants by Sara Gruen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An interestingly fun read that brought circus life in the 1930s glaringly and intriguingly to life. But I found myself wishing that all the gratuitous sex was absent so that my kid could read it (yes, I just turned into my grandmother, who used to bemoan that The Love Boat told some good stories but always had people hopping in and out of bed)

In the author's acknowledgments, she wrote of famous elephants that inspired this story's leading, Polish-speaking pachyderm. Again, I found myself wishing; wishing that Gruen would write a book JUST about circus elephants. That would be an awesome--and, hopefully, gratuitous-sex-free--read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment